Friends of the Children’s mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socio-emotional assets and the skills to succeed in post-secondary and career. We are seeking a motivated Sr. Donor Relations Officer to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
Friend of the Children is an innovative work environment where we strive to provide the highest quality programming as the demonstration site for excellence in mentoring for a network of chapters across the United States. We are committed to equity and inclusion across the organization and are transforming our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan that is an integral part of our five year strategic plan for growth in the Portland-Metro region.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and relationship-focused individual to join our Development team. We offer an environment that is reflective of our values and spirit with an emphasis on shared leadership, personal autonomy and an authentic approach to long term donor relationships. The Sr. Donor Relations Officer will join a Donor Relations Team and provide a high level of donor acquisition and stewardship for new and existing donors. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Development professional to build a robust donor engagement program for mid-level donors and provide input and feedback to senior leadership on overall development strategies.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply today!
• You value the power of relationships and make them the core of your work
• You enjoy working in an organizational culture that places a higher premium on equity, diversity and inclusion
• You have a proven record of gift acquisition
• You are goal-oriented and work together with team members to achieve them
• You are highly organized and take pride in documenting donor information
• You are solution-oriented, barriers serve to generate your creativity
• You hold yourself accountable
• You are a resourceful problem-solver, researching, collaborating, investigating to find solutions
• You are excited to work in a high-energy professional environment
Friends of the Children offers our employees an inclusive and supportive work environment that includes:
• Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule
• An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering organizational goals
• Generous benefits package
• Design, implement and maintain comprehensive strategy for attracting and stewarding individual donors
• Collaborate with the Donor Relations Team in stewarding existing individual donors and private foundation leaders, playing a significant role in raising $6.5 million annually
• Identify, steward and close new gifts
• Maintain consistent communications and professional connections with donors
• Network within the philanthropic and corporate communities as an Ambassador of Friends of the Children
• General donor cultivation
• General event support
• Represent Friends of the Children in meetings and public speaking opportunities as needed
• Continually evaluate and innovate ways to engage new donors and generate new revenue opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with comfort and aptitude in meeting new people
• Experienced and energized by soliciting financial support from donors
• Strong organizational skills, well disciplined, able to work under pressure of many priorities and meet deadlines
• Comfortable functioning and succeeding in a fluid work environment
• Knowledge of diverse fundraising strategies and their implementation
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
• Self-determined and results-oriented
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Experience in Donor Relations Management software. Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving preferred.
Education Required and/or Experience Preferred
A minimum of four years of experience in non-profit development or donor relations, solicitations and fundraising events.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position of 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm. This position does require attendance at evening or early morning meetings or events and occasional weekend work.
Competitive salary based on experience and skill set.
Job Details Description ***Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to their application in order to be considered for...Apply For This Job