Community Outreach Coordinator
Full Time, Full Benefits
Do people describe you as outgoing, organized, detail oriented, and as having a “can do” attitude with a willingness to jump in and help? If you enjoy being part of a vibrant team, like variety in your work, and can be creative and meet deadlines while being open to learning new things, you might be a good fit for this position. In the Development Department we have fun, work hard, and make a difference every day!
The Community Outreach Coordinator plays an integral role in helping the Development department to support the agency through fundraising activities and outreach efforts. The Community Outreach Coordinator, in conjunction with the Director of Development and Planned Giving, is responsible for special events, donor stewardship, donor prospect research, workplace and online giving, volunteer coordination, and grant administrative support, as needed.
This position also collaborates with the Development Specialist in updating and maintaining Morrison’s donor database for reporting, communications, specific campaigns, and events.
A successful candidate will have prior experience with large events, be able to maintain confidentiality with donor and prospect information, communicate effectively with internal and external constituents, and have advanced writing and editing skills. They must also be able to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously with some supervision, including prioritizing, organizing tasks, and bringing projects to timely completion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the Director of Development and Planned Giving with large and small event planning and execution, including event budgets, venue sourcing, rental orders, event contractors, guest lists, volunteer coordination, décor, and other organizational components for agency events.
• Steward existing Morrison contributors through gift acknowledgements letters, phone calls, thank-you cards, and other forms of recognition.
• Collaborates with the Director of Development and Planned Giving, assist in cultivating new individual contributors through online donor portals, workplace giving, outreach events, and prospect research.
• Manages Morrison’s volunteer program, including conducting volunteer orientations and background checks.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor degree
• 3 years of experience planning and executing events
• Experience with community relations
• Experience with donor or sales databases
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of non-profit organizations
• Bilingual in the Spanish Language, written, spoken and read.
• Must pass DHS criminal history background check
• Meets agency driving requirements
• May occasionally work outside of regularly scheduled business hours
Starting Pay Range:
Community Outreach Coordinator: $21.00 – $22.35
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through an alternate website without enabled links, please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/community-outreach-coordinator/
About You You are passionate about changing the narrative of Oregon students who are historically underserved. Your core values align...Apply For This Job
El Programa Hispano Catolico (EPHC) is a culturally specific organization providing an interrelated range of services and programs to advance...Apply For This Job