Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Enterprise Applications Manger, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst analyzes, develops, implements, maintains and manages Energy Trust Business Intelligence applications, ETL processes and data. This position also develops and delivers reports and supports users of Energy Trust’s data and systems.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties in addition to those detailed here.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains and develops ETL and BI processes, including SSIS packages, SSRS reports and Power BI
* Drives the architecture, development, and management of the data cube
* Develops policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
* Analyzes and documents how systems and databases are designed and how they currently function against business requirements.
* Works proactively with the users and IT staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
* Takes total ownership for all aspects of their work; Leads and motivates junior staff.
* Modifies databases according to requests and performs tests
* Reviews and validates customer data as it is collected
* Manages projects using a standard project management methodology.
* Fulfills data requests from users.
* Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
* Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
* Leads and performs root cause analysis of application outages, defects and issues. Troubleshoots code, database statements, etc. and understands the full application lifecycle.
* Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
* Trains users and documents usage guidelines and procedures.
* Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner
* Minimum five years of previous experience as a business intelligence analyst or similar role.
Ten years of IT experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field- preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in systems, data and business analysis.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience writing T-SQL queries in fulfilling user data requests.
* Experience with SSRS and SSIS development.
* Experience developing a data architecture
* Ability to accommodate various data quality considerations
* Experience providing software-related customer support and training to a non-technical user base.
* Demonstrated ability to verbally, and in writing, communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
* Experience managing small to medium size projects.
* Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
* Ability to work off-hours and extended hours as needed to support IT processes and timelines.
* Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
* Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
* Competitive benefits package.
* Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.