Friends of the Children’s mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socio-emotional assets and the skills to succeed in post-secondary and career. We are seeking a motivated Donor Relations Officer to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
Friend of the Children is an innovative work environment where we strive to provide the highest quality programming as the demonstration site for excellence in mentoring for a network of chapters across the United States. We are committed to equity and inclusion across the organization and are transforming our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan that is an integral part of our five year strategic plan for growth in the Portland Metro & SW Washington Region.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, relationship-focused individual to join our Development team. We offer an environment that is reflective of our values and spirit with an emphasis on shared leadership, personal autonomy and an authentic approach to long term donor relationships. The Donor Relations Officer will join a Donor Relations Team and provide a high level of donor acquisition and stewardship for new and existing donors, with emphasis on Corporate Community Relations. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Development professional to enhance a robust donor engagement program for new donor, monthly giving and employee giving programs.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply today!
- Relationship focused
- Excellent communicator
- Proven record of gift acquisition
- Highly organized
- Solution-oriented and resourceful problem-solver
- Effective public speaker
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations Team in stewarding existing individual donors
- Oversight of Monthly Donor Program, New Donor Program and Corporate-Employee Giving Campaigns
- Maintain consistent communications and professional connections with donors
- Oversight of the Ambassador Board including recruiting and stewarding new members
- Recruit and manage corporate volunteers
- Represent Friends of the Children in meetings and seek out public speaking opportunities
- Continually evaluate and innovate ways to engage new donors and generate new revenue opportunities
- Network within the philanthropic and corporate communities as an Ambassador of Friends of the Children
- General event support
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with comfort and aptitude in meeting new people
- Experienced and energized by soliciting financial support from donors
- Strong organizational skills, highly disciplined and able to work under the pressure of many priorities and meet deadlines
- Comfortable functioning and succeeding in a fluid work environment
- Knowledge of diverse fundraising strategies and their implementation
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-determined and results-oriented
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Experience in Donor Relations Management software. Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving preferred.
- Experienced and dynamic public speaker
Education Required and/or Experience Preferred
A minimum of two years of experience in non-profit development or donor relations, solicitations and fundraising events. Bachelor Degree or four or more years of related professional experience.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position of 40 hours per week; Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am -5pm. This position does require attendance at early morning and evening meetings and events, as well as occasional weekend events. A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an inclusive and supportive work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule
- An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering organizational goals
- Generous benefits package
$40,000-$55,000 annually depending on skills and experience