We really want to get to know you! Here are some items you will need before you get started:
Cover Letter; single page (1), pdf format.
Resume; no more than two (2) pages, pdf format.
The resume and cover letter combined must be enclosed as an attached PDF document of no more than three pages in length (one
for the cover letter and two for the resume).
The Application through ADP is supported on the following browsers and operating systems: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or
10, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 45 or higher, Apple Safari version 8 or 9, or Google Chrome version 5 or higher.
Craft3 is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with a mission to strengthen economic, ecological and family resilience throughout Oregon and Washington communities. We do this by providing loans to entrepreneurs, nonprofits, individuals, including those without access to traditional financing. We then complement these financial resources with our expertise, professional connections and other advocacy for our clients. Learn more at www.craft3.org
The Business Lender position is responsible for generating and underwriting new mission based business loans and servicing a loan portfolio that meets Craft3’s mission, financial and risk goals. The primary focus of lending targets small and medium businesses in the Pacific Northwest, specifically those owned by minority, woman, veteran, and immigrant entrepreneurs and those located in low to moderate income/redevelopment areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some or all of the following and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Craft3 reserves the right to change, add or delete responsibilities and duties as seen fit. An employee’s specific job duties, priorities and performance expectations are detailed in his/her individual performance plan.
• Actively prospect for strategic business loan opportunities from multiple sources. Work with Craft3 Marketing professional to coordinate strategy and support. May specialize in a specific loan product or targeted market sectors.
• Meet prospective borrowers, collect information, evaluate loan requests, and negotiate loan terms and conditions.
• Determine the level of complexity, mission and strategy fit, and prospect’s readiness to borrow. Underwrites loans in accordance with policy or works cooperatively with assigned Underwriter to prepare detailed risk analysis of borrowers’ repayment ability including financial and industry analysis of the borrowers’ businesses, presents and defends loan proposals to loan committee based on effective critical thinking.
• Provide informal consulting to clients regarding business plans, projections and business practices. Knows and refers to effective Technical Assistance providers who will help prospects with basic pre-application work such as business plan review and feedback.
• Monitor outstanding borrowers for conformance with loan conditions, progress in meeting business goals, and overall business performance. Report all emerging problem loans to management when weaknesses are detected.
• Manage portfolio risk in accordance with industry and organization standards and directives of the Credit Risk Manager.
• Participate in loan collections and enforcement actions when necessary.
• Participate fully with all members of the Craft3 team. Effectively use technology tools to perform required duties.
• Contribute to the body of knowledge, sharing best practices and suggest process improvement ideas.
• Support the organization’s All Team performance standards; Companywide Competencies.
• Demonstrate stewardship for the Craft3 Brand.
• Limited approval authority to be determined. Full voting participation on Staff Loan Committee approvals, assigned to individuals in peer group, on a rotating basis.
• Interact with a portfolio of clients and outstanding loans. This portfolio will include loan relationships initiated by the lender and also other relationships that are originated by other lenders.
• Insure required financial information is submitted timely by the borrower
• Complete analysis of borrower data, and draws a conclusion if there is a change in the level of risk associated with the borrower.
• Develops and manages referral network maintaining Craft3 brand in the marketplace with quality mission fit transactions to meet lender goals.
POSITION SCOPE – Direct / Indirect Reports – None
PEER POSITIONS – Other business lenders
FINANCIAL IMPACT – Position is essential to ensuring loan compliance and payment performance on the part of all Craft3 borrowers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TYPICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
Apply strategic problem solving and troubleshooting skills, collaboration and relationship management skills, and common-sense understanding to complicated situations. Address challenges involving many variables in sometimes difficult and stressful situations. Examples include: managing many simultaneous high priority projects and user requests, juggling urgent customer service needs, building consensus amongst internal staff and/or partners.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience, particularly in regards to management or financial oversight, may be considered as a substitute for formal education. Minimum of three years’ experience in commercial banking, commercial lending, community development finance, or similar experiences.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Passion for improving Pacific Northwest Communities.
• Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Previous successful business ownership highly desired.
• Strong collaboration skills with internal and external colleagues.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and keen attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, and the desire to achieve.
• Excellent prioritization and organization skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to successfully work with colleagues located in local and satellite offices.
• Comfort and proficiency with customer service and loan management database platforms.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Loan Documentation and Servicing Systems, Contact Relationship Management system.
• Fluency in a second language is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate as found in typical office environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Some travel to company events and branch offices will be required.
A level of travel is to be expected with job responsibilities covering a geographic area that includes the States of Oregon and Washington.
Craft3 is an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
At Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc. (POIC), we are committed to the future success of underserved youth through the age...Apply For This Job
Director of Digital Marketing Company Overview In 1996, Kim Malek had a dream of opening her own ice cream shop....Apply For This Job